cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sx50hs 12 mp photos don't come out in 12 mp

hink1
Contributor

I have a sx50hs 12mp camera. When I send photos to shutterstock thet tell me they need at least 4 mp. How do I get my camera to shoot at least 4mp or greater. I shoot all my photos in raw format(if that help you)

4 REPLIES 4

maggie52
Apprentice

I'm guessing what you are actually saying is shutterstock won't accept your data and you are assuming the data acquired by the camera is not 4mp.  

Possibly, I'm not understanding your question but the camera doesn't select the number of pixels it uses.  It's true you won't see 12mp image depth in any data but the camera will not make any adjustments which select only a certain small group of pixels to be used and ignore the rest.

I would say your question might be better answered should you place it on the shutterbug forums.    

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Are you trying to send a RAW file? Most services will not accept RAW files because they would need a processor.

If you converted a JPEG then maybe it was converted to too small a file.

Basically, we need more info to try and assist you.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I'm wondering if they are asking for 4  MEGABITE or larger files rather than 4 megapixels.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I looked at website. It says minimum JPEG file size 4.0 megapixels.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements