cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shutter release not working S100

sandysorlien
Apprentice

Hello,

I am suddenly having problems with my S100. It will not take the picture when I press the shutter release. In case I had accidentally changed something, I did a Reset to Defaults. Then it worked, briefly, before returning to not working. It also would not let me change My Colors.  Everything else seems to be working fine.  Any ideas?

575 REPLIES 575

kisonay
Apprentice

I too have this problem.

Serial: 41203201xxxx

nikfrom80s
Contributor

Mike, I agree with you in so many ways. I posted a reccomendation to this forum to start an online petition to insist that Canon recall the issue. It appears my post was intercepted or I overlooked it. -Nik

nikfrom80s, your post was there this afternoon, then apparently was deleted by someone.

Thanks angeloweb.

AngelaX
Enthusiast
Hi Jensen
Could you please add your S100 serial number for tracking, both in the body of the post and the "tag" so we have more info for the BBB and Canon.
Thanks!

Mine serial number;

Unfortunately i now live outside of USA & cannot approach BBB either 😞

It seems that canon has not issued any official response at all on this forum thread...very shocking for a reputed brand name.

I am outside Canada too. Do you have a Consumer Protection group or equivalent where you are?

My S100 serial# is 452032019059.

tronnebonne
Enthusiast
Where is this petition?

AngelaX
Enthusiast
Hi Pderbridge
Could you post your S100 serial number, just for the record, both in your post and in the "message tags". It helps with the tracking when we are reporting to the BBB or equivalent. Canon insists the problem is only with certain batches.
Thanks!
Announcements