cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shutter release not working S100

sandysorlien
Apprentice

Hello,

I am suddenly having problems with my S100. It will not take the picture when I press the shutter release. In case I had accidentally changed something, I did a Reset to Defaults. Then it worked, briefly, before returning to not working. It also would not let me change My Colors.  Everything else seems to be working fine.  Any ideas?

575 REPLIES 575

Mine is serial 44203200xxxx.

Thanks, angelower!

Thanks Pderbrige!

AngelaX
Enthusiast
Hi Stephen
Members of the forum are wondering if anyone from Canon is still monitoring this shutter release issue. No on seems to have responded since you. That is 20 pages and many complaints ago. And this thread is only on the shutter release issue on the S100.
Twitter comments seem a rather indirect and sleazy way to address a company like Canon. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think a company rests on the satisfaction of its clients.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/canon-powershot-s100-request-to-recall-shutter

The moderators of this forum have been deleting my posts/attempts to gather signatures for a petitionrelated to this issue. If you are fed up with the lack of response from Canon - either sign this or start your own.

I am personally offended that my voice is being muted. However, there is a good reason why, their product is faulty and they hope we give up and fade away. Canon must address this issue some way or another.

Hopefully most of you will read this.

I have also noticed that over the past few days, many posts have been removed. Very disapointing.

print screen is the way to go

Thanks, Nikifrom80s!
Hope the rest of you sign this pronto.

Signed....Thanks

I just signed on it too.

I wish there were few lawyers on this forum - they could file a law suit against Canon for not advocating a product recall

Announcements