cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shutter release not working S100

sandysorlien
Apprentice

Hello,

I am suddenly having problems with my S100. It will not take the picture when I press the shutter release. In case I had accidentally changed something, I did a Reset to Defaults. Then it worked, briefly, before returning to not working. It also would not let me change My Colors.  Everything else seems to be working fine.  Any ideas?

575 REPLIES 575

What series (number on bottom of camera) is yours? Canon claims that only certain S100 series have this issue you describe. I believe the issue is more widespread.

Mine is an S100    Model:PC1675  Serial No: 45203200XXXX

According to the Canon care centre in Canada, both yours and mine are NOT in the affected list of series. Strange, that we have the same issue. Anyone else out there with different series, let's continue to speak and write to Canon so that they see there are more models affected!

Same stuff here. Shutter release button stopped working after about 6 months of quite heavy use (around 50.000 photos shot). First it still continued when pressed from the angle, not straight down. Now completelly dead. Since on warranty was sent back for repair.

Bought in europe (netherlands).

Serial: 46303200xxx.

Chris.

There is very little doubt in my mind now that these problems are not related to the mounting of the circuit board directly below the shutter switch..it either works its way away from the button over time thus pushing the button does not work or comes loose in some fashoin. At this point I'd bet money on it.

Many thanks, Chris. Hopefully there will be strength in numbers. Anyone else with a 46 series S100 problem?

Mine is: 45303201XXXX, bought it in Europe...

Mine is 43303200XXXX

billyk
Apprentice

Anyone on Twitter with this issue it, might be worth letting @CanonUSA and @CanonUSAimaging know how you feel!

unhappycustomer
Contributor

Mine is 44213200XXXX.

Announcements