cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shoot in continous mode very slow

hink1
Contributor

I shoot all my pics in manual and raw format. when I put in continous shoot it is very slow like maybe 2 fps. what am I doing wrong? I need it to shoot much faster but I don't won't to go into JPEG or SCN mode.  thanks for your help

1 REPLY 1

ScottyP
Authority
Hi.

What model camera is it?

It is unusual to use Manual mode 100% of the time. I think most people would use Tv shutter priority and Av aperture priority at least some of the time.

The slowness may be the camera waiting on autofocus. Does your camera have a viewfinder? If it is a dslr with a mirror and optical eyepiece viewfinder it will focus much faster using that than it can using the LCD screen.

Also, what autofocus mode are you using? AI Focus will sometimes be a bit quicker than AI Servo because in the latter it hunts around for focus.

Final thought is lighting. The autofocus needs decent light to focus. Does it do this outside in bright sunshine?
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements