cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s110 menu button not working

UPwego
Apprentice

Hi, 

We're on our honeymoon and been taking good pictures without any problems with Canon S110 until yesterday. The camera suddenly has the following problems:

1. turn on normally but then immediately taking one photo no matter what mode it's on. 

2. once the single photo was taken, the camera completely freeze except the display button working and the  delete button (working but not be able to select delete)

3. shutter button and zoom in or out is completely useless

3. MENU button is NOT working at all

We have been trying the following:

- new fully charged batterry

- new SD card

- turn off and remove both battery and SD card overnight

It's very frustrated and we only have this camera on this trip. Please help!!!

5 REPLIES 5

John_
Authority

Hi,

Before you take any shots can you get to the settings menu and perform a reset? If so try that and see if that helps.

Also you can remove the batery, close the battery compartment then push and hold the power button down for at least 30 seconds...see if that helps.

John

Maklaut
Apprentice

Just registered to report my solution.

I have a similar problem with the PowerShot S110 of my wife's sister.
At some time a menu button and all joystick buttons stop working.
The problem was because of sticking zoom control (yeah it's very stupid).
At the normal state zoom control must return to central position!

When zoom control is on the left or right position - some buttons don't work.

I hope this info will be usefull to someone.IMG_9585s.jpg

Thats very interesting, thank you for sharing that. When the zoom lever is off center will it still take a picture? Also theres a product called Deoxit 5 with will clean things llike that whick stick and will not harm any plastic or rubber. I've used it for years...you just dont want to saturate it

When the zoom lever is off center it can take a picture, and play button and video rec button still works, and the wheel also work.

Interesting..thanks for the reply and information

Announcements