cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resize pictures elph170

urnuts
Apprentice

Hi all-

Struggling with trying to get some pics posted on ebay. I have an elph170 but no disc or box/manual.

I am getting the "too large" message.

What's odd (to me, anyway!) is that I use this camera to list on ebay ALL THE TIME w/ NO problems and now when I try to list a car, problems. Weird.

Is there a way I can resize with the camera?

Thanks for the help.

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I don't know if you can resize in camera, but you can set it to shoot smaller images.

You can download the manual from the Canon site.

Generally you shoot as large as possible and use the computer to re-size.

Thanks.

Was able to resize the settings and retake the pics.

Doing most anything with this camera is a real pain in the butt.

The displays, buttons & sequences are cryptic, confusing and very unclear.

It need not be that complicated or difficult.

That said, I appreciate the help Kvbarkley!

You should be able to resize existing shots in-camera as well. The ELPH 160 & 170 share the same user manual. Check around page 69 in the manual.

http://www.camera-usermanual.com/manuals/canon/Canon_PowerShot_ELPH_160.pdf

You're right... The controls and menus can be a little futzy. But there's not exactly much extra space on the camera to add any other dials or buttons.

Thanks for that, BU.

Yeah.. I looked at the camera.... not a whole lot of real estate there.

I'll find or get a manual.

Here's the User Guide from the Canon site to download.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300017431/01/elph170is-160-cu-en.pdf

I just picked up a used ELPH160 out of pawn that looks like new to have a pocket size camera that would shoot 720p video. I knew that the menus on some of these type cameras could get a little cluttered but I figured at least I've had some experience over the years with Canon's menus and control layout. Still a bit of a learning curve though, especially for a camera with no AV, TV, or manual exposure controls.

You might be better off to just stick with Program mode for starters for quicker access to the more useful shooting features and worry later on (if ever) about the "creative" or "fun" features. As far as posting pics on Ebay, or most anywhere else online, you might as well set the camera to shoot at 3 MP to make smaller files that will uplaoad quicker. Actually, 2 MP or less is big enough to fill the screen on most monitors. To me the strangest "feature" of the ELPH160 is it's ability to shoot at 20 MP! That's asking a lot from the little tiny sensors used in these cameras.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements