cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rainbow blob when taking pictures

ralph003
Apprentice

hi im total newbie in photography, can anyone please help me what to do or how to fix this because when i take a pic i see  some odd colors (i dont know what that is) in my lcd. i have a canon powershot sx540. Thank you!49530601_1245320438951704_5847477078764552192_n.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Does it show up on the computer? If it does you have a bad sensor. If not, you have a bad display.

tmc784
Enthusiast

Send it back for exchange or repair, I think you got a lemon.

John_
Authority

A couple things you can try...Look in your manual, pages 71 & 72 and see if you accidentally changed those, the white balance and colors settings. Make sure the white balance is on auto (AWB) and My Colors is set to Off

diverhank
Authority

It's possible that the LCD was displaying the highlight blinkies (designed to show where there's too much light) even though for most cameras it's just in one color.  You might want to check the menu and manual on how to disable it, since it's an option.  It's one possibility to rule out, anyhow.

When in doubt, reset the camera back to factory default and try again.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

i tried resetting it but nothing works. haha

I do not think a "reset all" resets the My Colors or the White Balance, those you have to go in and check them manually

ralph003
Apprentice
can you teach how ?

The manual can teach you, 2 pages, 71 & 72 tells you everything you need to know...good luck

Announcements