cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"memory card error" on brand new G5X

Boejakasja
Contributor

Hi,

I bought a new Powershot G5X, inserted a 128GB sd card (also brand new) and the camera says "memory card error"

It is a cheap 20€ 128GB sd card from Transcend - Transcend Ts128Gsdc300S Sdxc Memorycard, I, C10, U3, V30, Black, 128Gb

Its this SD card

When i put in a very old 8GB SDHC card, the camera works fine, so i think the cardreader inside the G5X isn't the problem.

Anyone else experiencing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Boejakasja wrote:

I dont want to format the card, card works perfect in laptop, other canon camera, and other devices so I assume the card itself s not the problem,  i want to keep the data in the card so format is a nogo 

Buy a new card, and format it in the camera.  Do not use the memory card in the camera as a storage device, either.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Peter
Authority
Authority

Have you low level format the card in camera?

The card inserted is the same card as my D1300, in the D1300 no problem, in the G5X "memory card error"

@Boejakasja wrote:

The card inserted is the same card as my D1300, in the D1300 no problem, in the G5X "memory card error"

What about my question?

I dont want to format the card, card works perfect in laptop, other canon camera, and other devices so I assume the card itself s not the problem,  i want to keep the data in the card so format is a nogo 

@Boejakasja wrote:

Buy a new card, and format it in the camera.  Do not use the memory card in the camera as a storage device, either.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Boejakasja wrote:

There you have at least one problem.

I don't understand this repy

@Peter wrote:

There you have at least one problem.

Buy a full-size SD card and try it in the G5X, if it does not work return the new G5X for a refund, or an exchange.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements