cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems installing digital solution disk

dmdoncsecz
Apprentice

Just bought a canon powershot sx500.  I'm trying to install the digital camera solution disk and it won't download.  Has anyone else had this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

I was sorry to see that you are having difficulty installing the Solutions Disk provided with your PowerShot SX500 IS camera.  We are not aware that this is an issue encountered frequently, but I do apologize you are experiencing difficulty.

I would like to go through a step by step procedure that will guide you along the installation of this disk and get that software up and running. 

1. Quit any software that is running.

2. Place the [DIGITAL CAMERA Solution Disk] CD-ROM supplied with your camera into the computer.

3. Click [Run SETUP.EXE] when the Auto Play window appears.

On a Macintosh computer, after inserting the disc, double-click the desktop disc icon to open it, and then double-click the mounted disk.

4. Select the area in which you live.

5. Select the country where you live, and then click [Next].

6. Select Your language.

7. The Easy or Custom Installation Screen will appear.

Click {Easy Installation] to automatically install all the software applications.

Click[Custom Installation] to select the software applications that you want to install.

8. The selection confirmation screen will appear. Click [OK].

The selected software applications will be installed. (Deselect the checkbox of the software applications that you do not wish to install.

After confirming that you have selected all the software applications for installation, click  [Next] and then proceed with the installation.

9. The Confirmation screen will appear. Click [Install].

10. The License Agreement screen will appear. Click [Yes] after reading the content carefully.

11. The Disclaimer screen will appear. Click [Yes] after reading the content carefully.

12. When a message is displayed prompting you to connect the camera, connect it to a computer.

To do the installation without connecting the camera, select the [Install without connecting the device] check box and then click [Next]. When the Install without Connecting the Device screen appears, click [OK] and proceed to step 10.

12-2. Turn the camera on.

12-3. Click [Next].

13. If the Change Allowance window appears, click [Yes].

14. The installation starts.

15. Click [Finish], when everything is installed and remove the Solution Disk from the CD-ROM drive to conclude the installation.

If there is no need to restart the computer, the [Restart] screen will display. Click [Restart] to restart the computer and complete the installation.

I hope this helps get the disk installed.  Please let us know if you have additional concerns.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I just yesterday bought my Powershot SX 500 IS and cannot install the CD at all. I could drag off the instructions but not install the software. I have a 3 year old Intel iMac with system 10.6.8 and it's supposed to work. So I downloaded all the software from the Canon support webpage and was unable to open any of that also to install it. 

I don't know what to do! 😞 

It also won't video record more than 13 seconds, then it shuts off and says it's busy.

Can anyone help please? I hope I posted this in the correct place, I just joined.

Thank you, 

Martha

Hi mpoinar!

Thank you for posting!

I recommend that you download the updates from the Canon USA website below:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sx500_is#DriversAn...

If you run the update, it will look for the CD in the CD-ROM drive, then install the full version s of each program.

As for not being able to record very long, this may have something to do with the memory card you are using.  If the card is not fast enough to keep up with the camera when recording HD video, recording will stop because the buffer memory is full.  I recommend using at least a class-10 speed rated card.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

You were right about the memory card! We got a new fast 16 gig and it's recording fine now.

However I did just now to go the link you gave and received this message when I clicked on the drivers:

"There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver."

Instead I have bought a memory card reader and am using that. Smiley Happy

Thanks so much!

Martha

Announcements