cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

powershot

reddeviltj
Apprentice

Woman Frustrated It appears that I've added another PowerShot to my collection of non-working cameras.  It appears that my PowerShot 4000IS no longer wants to play since I sat on it during a Jeep drive.

I can totally understand how it could develop an attitude.

Is there any fixing a camera once it's been sat on?  The lens cannot open even though it's trying real hard.

4 REPLIES 4

John_
Authority

If you google ...Powershot 4000IS repair... you will find lots of help including videos of how to take it apart and lens/lens error problems its not to hard

I might try that for both of my PowerShots that retired on me.  I did buy a sensor-cleaning kit a while back when my Sony @390 gave up on me.  The Sony only needed a fresh battery pack.

Easy one.

Mykolas
Authority

Hi reddeviltj!

You can send the camera to our Factory Service Center too.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I bought another one.  Smiley Wink

Someday I'll gather up both non-working cameras and get them repaired.  My first PowerShot A450 (I think) is still my favorite one.  I just didn't want to spend more money on repairs when a new one was only $15 more than the cost of repair of the old one.  Gotta love those online deals.

Announcements