cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

powershot sx620 hs will not connect to iMac

jschindo
Apprentice

Hi

I just bought the Powershot SX620 HS and having trouble connecting it to my iMac. I am trying to connect via wifi and my iMac is runniing Sierra High ios.

I already connected the camera to my iphone without problem. It is also connected to my router. But when I select "connect to my computer", the screen remains on "Connecting" until it gives up and says "connection failed". During the process, I have clicked on CameraWindow and I get the error message: "No camera was found".

Can you help me with this?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jschindo,

Thank you for posting.

Before you begin, please ensure the date (including the year), time (24 hour clock), time zone and daylight savings settings are correct and match the settings of the network you're you're using for the connection.

Please note: If you use a virtual private network (VPN) in conjunction with your Internet connection, if your connection is to an area outside your time zone, you may not be able to establish a wireless connection for your camera to your computer.  If this is the case and you're unable to change this setting, we recommend using your camera's USB terminal.

To transfer images to a Mac using High Sierra, you must use the Image Sync method for the wireless transfer of images.  For a step-by-step guide for this method, please click here.  Once on our page, scroll down to "Image Sync Usage and Setting Procedures (Optional)".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements