cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power shot s 100.

psarver
Apprentice

i have black spaces on the sides of the viewing screen. how do i get rid of them?

also, can i adjust the pictures i have already taken to delete them?

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Psarver,

It sounds like you just need to adjust the aspect ratio for your images.  The aspect ratio is the ratio of the width to the height of your images.  We measure it in pixels, but it works in inches and centimeters, too.  If you make prints, you want to select an aspect ratio comes closest matching the aspect ratio of the print you want.

Here's how to adjust the aspect ratio in your camera:

You can change the width to height ratio of an image.

Aspect Ratio
The same aspect ratio as HD TVs, used for displaying on wide-screen HD TVs.
The same aspect ratio as 35mm film, used for printing out 5 x 7 in. or postcard sized images.
The same aspect ratio as the screen of this camera, used for printing images on 3.5 x 5 in. to various A-sized papers.
A square-shaped aspect ratio.
*An aspect ratio commonly used for portraits.

* Only available on the PowerShot S100

• The aspect ratio for () and () images is fixed at ().
  • The digital zoom and digital tele-converter are only available in the () aspect ratio since [Digital Zoom] is fixed to [Off] in all other ratios.
  • You can also set the camera so that turning the <Control Ring> changes the aspect ratio.

1. Press the <Power> button on the camera.
2. Press the <FUNC./SET> () button.
3. The following screen appears.

Operate the <directional buttons> up or down to select [Still Image Aspect Ratio].

Operate the <directional buttons> right or left to select an aspect ratio of your choice, then press the <FUNC./SET> () button.

When the following shooting modes are selected, the aspect ratio cannot be changed, or limited aspect ratios are available.

... Cannot be set
... [4:3] or [16:9] can be selected
... Shooting mode is not available on this model
Model Shooting Modes , , , , , , , ,
PowerShot S100

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements