cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power shot g16

pkutz
Apprentice

I am considering upgrading my G10 to the latest G16.  Is there enough difference to warrent the expense?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

smack53
Mentor

The PowerShot G16 has a much faster processor than the G10, plus a much brighter lens. The buffer allows for quite a few consecutive shots before filling the buffer. Since the sensor is newer and the lens brighter, the G16 also does much better in low light than the G10. The G16 does not have an articulated LCD screen, nor does it have a touch screen.

As to your question, if you want a faster camera that performs better in low light, than I would say the G16 is worth the upgrade. I have the G12, and I am staying with it for now. The pricing for the G16 is pretty good right now, since the camera has been out a few years now, and is quite a bit less than the new G X series with their 1" sensors, so that alone is a strong selling point.

Steve M.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

smack53
Mentor

The PowerShot G16 has a much faster processor than the G10, plus a much brighter lens. The buffer allows for quite a few consecutive shots before filling the buffer. Since the sensor is newer and the lens brighter, the G16 also does much better in low light than the G10. The G16 does not have an articulated LCD screen, nor does it have a touch screen.

As to your question, if you want a faster camera that performs better in low light, than I would say the G16 is worth the upgrade. I have the G12, and I am staying with it for now. The pricing for the G16 is pretty good right now, since the camera has been out a few years now, and is quite a bit less than the new G X series with their 1" sensors, so that alone is a strong selling point.

Steve M.

Thank you.  It is just the kind of info that I was looking for.  I really like my G10 but feel that the response time in taking 

photos was too slow.  Figured it has improved over the years.  Thanks again,

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements