cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

picture too dark?

JoannaKS
Contributor

Hi. I'm really hoping that someone can help with this, because I'm completely lost and my sister (who has the same camera) hasn't been any help.

I have a Powershot S5IS, an oldie but a goody, but all of a sudden my pictures are coming out way too dark. It can be really bright outside, not a cloud in the Florida sky, and the LCD screen is showing bright.... but as soon as I take the picture, the LCD screen looks like it was taken at dusk.  I do admit that I haven't printed any of the pictures out to verify this.

I usually use my camera on Auto or Foilage.  I'm wondering if a setting could have gotten changed by accident, if I pushed any buttons without realizing it? Any ideas and possible fixes would be extremely helpful since i can't afford a new camera right now!

I'll be checking back quick, since i'm supposed to go out and use it on Tuesday!

Thank you!

Joanna

1 REPLY 1

Skirball
Authority

I'm not familiar with that camera, but you can check if there's an exposure compensation.  It's possible you turned it all the way down.   You can also try a factory reset just in case you changed some setting.  Go into the MENU, go to Set Up, select Reset All and press SET.

Announcements