cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on a sx40. When I turn on camera I get Lens Error Will shut down automatically. Restart camera

clamkins49
Apprentice

I need help.  I bought a sx40 camera on ebay.  After only a month of occassional use I now get a lens error message.

It states Lens Error, shutting down automatically Restart Camera.  I have not dropped the camera or abused it in any way.  But there is a really loud screeching sound as the lens tries to come out but can't.  Anyone have any answers.

1 REPLY 1

John_
Authority

yes first see if you can get the extended warranty thru Square Trade if its not to late or what the return agreement with the seller was...do that first. If you used PayPal they also offer automatic purchase protection too. Lens problems are not cheap to repair. Second use some compressed air and see if you can gently blow out and thing that may have gotten inside the lens assembly. Blow the air from inside the battery compartment and any other open space...the key it to blow anything out. Also blow the air around the lens assembly. That sound you hear is not a good sign.

Announcements