cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new SX530 owner questions

don_23805
Apprentice

Finally gave up on my Nikon Coolpix P520, even with the firmware update, has gone back to refusing to power up.

Just got my 530 the other day.

1. In either the printed or onlilne manual, or just fiddling, I can't find any indication of my current firmware version.  How do I find that?

2. in Drive Mode I see single or continuous.  I don't see any option for how quick Continuous can be. Must be fixed at max ??

3. sort of along that same line, I don't find any time lapse shooting capability.  Do I just not know where to look?

TIA

Don

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Do you have a copy of the manual?  Firmware version should be saved in each image file's metadata.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sx530_hs#Brochures...

Specs are in the back.  See page 165, for example.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have the printed copy of the manual that came with the camera.  I don't find the firmware version anywhere there.  But of course it wouldn't be accurate if I ever did an update.  And the onlime manual is generic.

@don_23805 wrote:

I have the printed copy of the manual that came with the camera.  I don't find the firmware version anywhere there.  But of course it wouldn't be accurate if I ever did an update.  And the onlime manual is generic.

Like I said, I would expect to see the firmware version embedded into the metadata, EXIF, for each image file.  It should be there right along with the camera model and serial number. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanx.  I see almost everything else there, except mother's maiden name.

Only "version" info is EXIF version 0230, but that doesn't fit what I'd expect for the FW ver for a newish model.

Anyone have a good Cust Svc # for Canonn ?

Powershot Models1-800-OK-CANON
1-800-652-2666
Monday-Friday10:00 am to 10:00 pm

John_
Authority

Continous is fixed at approx 10/sec which will vary somewhat but no you cannot select your own shot/sec rates.

It cannot shot time lapse either and I dont think it has a remote shutter switch jack either where you can plug in a time lapse shutter realease control. That is what I do on my SX50HS

Thanx. Too bad for me.
Announcements