cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my ELPH digital camera solution disk will not install in windows 7.

kevop
Apprentice

3 REPLIES 3

Tim
Authority

Hello Kevop,

I was sorry to see that you are having difficulty installing the Solutions Disk provided with your Elph camera.  I would like to go through a step by step procedure that will guide you along the installation of this disk and get that software up and running. 

1. Quit any software that is running.

2. Place the [DIGITAL CAMERA Solution Disk] CD-ROM supplied with your camera into the computer.

3. Click [Run SETUP.EXE] when the Auto Play window appears.

On a Macintosh computer, after inserting the disc, double-click the desktop disc icon to open it, and then double-click the mounted disk.

4. Select the area in which you live.

5. Select the country where you live, and then click [Next].

6. Select Your language.

7. The Easy or Custom Installation Screen will appear.

Click {Easy Installation] to automatically install all the software applications.

Click[Custom Installation] to select the software applications that you want to install.

8. The selection confirmation screen will appear. Click [OK].

The selected software applications will be installed. (Deselect the checkbox of the software applications that you do not wish to install.

After confirming that you have selected all the software applications for installation, click  [Next] and then proceed with the installation.

9. The Confirmation screen will appear. Click [Install].

10. The License Agreement screen will appear. Click [Yes] after reading the content carefully.

11. The Disclaimer screen will appear. Click [Yes] after reading the content carefully.

12. When a message is displayed prompting you to connect the camera, connect it to a computer.

To do the installation without connecting the camera, select the [Install without connecting the device] check box and then click [Next]. When the Install without Connecting the Device screen appears, click [OK] and proceed to step 10.

12-2. Turn the camera on.

12-3. Click [Next].

13. If the Change Allowance window appears, click [Yes].

14. The installation starts.

15. Click [Finish], when everything is installed and remove the Solution Disk from the CD-ROM drive to conclude the installation.

If there is no need to restart the computer, the [Restart] screen will display. Click [Restart] to restart the computer and complete the installation.

I hope this helps get the disk installed.  Please let us know if you have additional concerns.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I just bought a Canon SX50 HS, and the Software from the Solution Disk will not install.  the manual installed OK under Custom installation, but that is all.  The rest of the software always terminates in an unknown error and aborts the rest of the installation.  I have tried loading the SW all at once and one program at a time under Custom installation.  No SW will install.  The progress indicators seem to get 50% - 90% done and the installation aborts every time.  Failing that, I downloaded some of the SW directly from the Canon website and it fails to load also.  All of Canon's installation instructions were followed explicitly.  I even tried to install with the Anti-Virus turned off (Bitdefender)

My computer is an HP Desktop model Pavillion e9280t, with an Intel i7 processor, 8GB of memory and a 750GB hard drive that is nowhere near full. The operating system is Windows 7, 64bit, Home Premium edition, Service Pack 1, Build No 7601, DirectX Version 11.  The computer checks out to be 100% operational.

At least I got the manual to install.  Can you help with the rest?

Marvin

mfcampbell1,

I would like to gather some additional information from you.

1. Do you receive any sort of error code with the unknown error message?
  2. Are you able to successfully install the software on other computers?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements