cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memory card

1maggiemae09
Contributor

This is my first camera,period,the retailer said it came with a meimory card which it didn't ,I live in a remote rural area and don't have a clue as to where or what size memory card to order,need some help,thanks.

18 REPLIES 18

Jenine
Rising Star

Hi 1maggiemae09,

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what model camera you have (EOS Rebel T5i or PowerShot SX280 HS). That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

It's a canon sx50hs,thanks again.

memory card.PNG

John,thanks,now like I said I'm 66 a rancher and this is my first camera ever,what brand card is preferred or a good one at least and what size,I'm clueless.Most of the stuff I get is off of ebay because I'm so far out in the middle of no where,thanks again.

I've had good luck with the SanDisk, Sony, Transcend and Lexar brands of SD cards. That's not to say that other brands wouldn't work, but the ones I've recommended are known for their reliability.

Thank you both,will order the cards and go from there,this forum deal is really neat,my first go at one,I'm not a tech person at all,just an old man with a ranch and alot of time on his hands,thought maybe I would learn to take some wildlife photos,thanks again.

It sounds like your in a really good setting to take wildlife pictures and now you have an excellent camera to do that with.

There are lots of helpful folks on here to help you with any questions you may have...none are to silly so dont hesitate.

Its a powerful camera do not let it overwhelm you. There are some good video lessons on you tube for that camera too that really help to cut through the technical stuff.

Your welcome !

Glad to be of help. Enjoy your camera!

One more question,I looked on the website about "formatiing" the new memory card when it comes,understood all of it except how to find the "format" heading,will it be in the menu? If not I'm lost,thanks to you both.

Announcements