cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memory card error on S2SI

Roxyrocket
Contributor

Camera wont read my SD card (just a plain SD no hc) says memory card error.When I try to format my memory card the format section is ghosted out!

5 REPLIES 5

Roxyrocket
Contributor

I have an S2SI canon power shot, I put a new memory card in it and it wont read it. It says there is a memory card error. I checked to make sure the tab on the card was in the right position. I went to the tools in menu but the space for "format" is dark and I am unable to click on it? I am very frustrated with the whole thing. I hope someone can help! Thanks in advance!

Hi and yes try and narrow it down to either the card or the camera...try the card in a computer and see if you can access it there and format it. 

Did you ever get this resolved?  Have posted same problem and received two responses, both stating to use format on the menu, just as instruction book states.  My function is ghosted out same as yours, and no one has responded.  Would be nice if a factory tech person would review questions and give official, expert solutions.

Check your card.  Make sure the card is not write protected.  Check the switch on the card.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

No, I cant reformat as its ghosted out, I am using the right card (tried more then one) The card is not locked I am fed up with cannon and will just junk it and find another brand.
Announcements