cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lense attachments

josht
Contributor

Hey guys quick noob question, just got a canon powershot sx400 is.

Was just wonder if i was to get a lense adapter for it would that able me to attach another lense to it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yeah I looked at that link and I cant see or tell how it attaches to the lens. It might just be a friction type mount.

When you look at the top rim of your lens are there any dimples or indentations that would allow for a ring to semi-screw on to it?

Nothing at all is mentioned on the Canon website about that kind of accessory for your model.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The real answer is no.  But you may be able to find some screw-on accessories to use on the front of the lens.  I wouldn't but some do.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

thanks for your answer im hearing mixed from everyone some say http://www.jjc.cc/index.php/Product/product_info/id/829 4 in 1 lense adaptor would allow me to attach lenses but im not to keen on wasting money to find out xD 

might be time for a dslr

Yeah I looked at that link and I cant see or tell how it attaches to the lens. It might just be a friction type mount.

When you look at the top rim of your lens are there any dimples or indentations that would allow for a ring to semi-screw on to it?

Nothing at all is mentioned on the Canon website about that kind of accessory for your model.

Thank you once again for taking the time to reply 🙂

Not that i can see which is strange because the adaptor has sold quite a few times 

anyway looking into getting a new camera on monday 

thank you for all you're help

"might be time for a dslr"

Smiley Happy  You "might" be right!

EB

contemplating getting a nikon d3200 unless someone knows of a similiar priced canon of the same quality?

You do know you are on the 'Canon' web site?  Everybody here is going to recommend a Canon!  The Rebel line is the direct competitor to the Nikon Dxxxx you are thinking about.

Model for model they are pretty close.  But the real thing is the lens.  Nobody but nobody has the lens line-up that Canon has.  If the cameras were identical in everything, price, features, everything, you would still want the Canon Rebel.  Simply because of the superior lenses Canon makes.

You will find packages and prices very similar.  But they don't have the lenses.  Why is this so important?  Because if you decide to expand your photography, Canon can and will take you farther.

Need another reason to go with a Rebel? Canon Support is vastly better than Nikon. Believe me on that one.  I know as I shoot both!

EB

Thank you for your reply

and yes im sure everyone here will be quite biased but thats the main reason i posted here 

and on the nikon forums but with the eos t5 on nikon and d3200 on here 🙂 

bit of a **bleep** storm on the nikon post.

also what are your thoughts on this comparison

http://www.imaging-resource.com/cameras/nikon/d3200/vs/canon/t5/

thanks in advance-josh

First off your link doesn't mention the lenses.  My biggest reason for going Canon is the lenses.  No matter what super great feature you can claim for a D3200, it can't use the best and biggest line of lenses made in the world.

Besides I believe the D3200 is a discontinued model.  Didn't the D3300 replace it?  Are they still even for sale new?

One more thought, you are getting this from a guy that shoots both.  The company I worked for, 40 years, was all Nikon.  100%.  I choose and bought Canon for myself.  I still use Nikons. I have two of their pro level cameras as we speak. I have several of their top lenses.

If you want the best camera made today, it is the Nikon D5.  Simple.  The new IDx Mk II is close for sure.  But the Nikon D5 has that one huge flaw.  It can't use the Canon line up of lenses and the 1Dx Mk II can.  That makes the 1Dx Mk II the best, as good as it gets, choice.  Now, sure, we are talking $5000 dollar cameras but if you go Canon Rebel, you can have access to the very same lens line up as the big boys use!  The bodies are going to be very close in features and price.

Ya wanna chop tall cotton?  Go with the Rebel. Smiley Happy

EB
Announcements