Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just got canon sx740, cannot upload videos to youtube from my pc

RambosCollectib
Apprentice

Hello, I used to have a canon elph , 
i now have a canon sx740

seems awesome, only problem is that i cannot upload these files to youtube. they are recognized as unsupported file types

what am   i doing wrong?

the only way around this would be to use wifi, which takes an extremely long time.

5 REPLIES 5

RambosCollectib
Apprentice

Hello, the USB i am using is a USB from my PS4

Should i buy a special Sync - up USB instead?

Is there something wrong with my camera?

Please help

I even callled Canon Tech support they said that this should not be happening. they accidently hung up on me . 

When i uplaod the videos to my PC from USB they simply don't work. I also cannot upload them to youtube. 

Hi!

Thanks for posting on our forum! This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

We're also sorry to hear about your experience with over-the-phone support.  Are you sure you called Canon USA?  Our support team is trained to call you right back immediately in the event that your call gets dropped.  We invite you call us weekdays at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) and we'll be glad to get everything straightened out.

Have a great day!

i just figured out that when i browse through the camera instead of importing the videos, it does work i do believe. so maybe something to do with the windows importing program

additionally, my camera's frame is lacking a hole for the camera strap

like there is literally no hole punched out where the strap is supposed to go through

could this camera have been refurbished or something?

Hi RambosCollectib,

Thank you for posting.

The easiest (and fastest) way to import movies is to use a card reader.

With regard to compatibility, if you're shooting movies in 4K, YouTube limits file sizes for some users. Please check with YouTube for any restrictions that may apply to your user account.

The opening, for your camera's strap mount, is in the back of the strap mount opening, under the bar you see in the middle. I recommend squeezing the small strap tightly, then pressing it in, while wiggling it back and forth until it slides under the bar.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements