Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues with SX60 hs and auto focus

malancr
Apprentice

hello to all

just wanted to know if anyone is aware of the following

like a month ago I've started noticing that my SX60 HS been having a hard time trying to auto focus. usually I had to press the shutter button half way and it willl focus the image with on problem. but now I have to do that several times until it focuses clearly the subject.

I've also noticed that the omvie mode also has issues with the focus.

I've already did a factory reset to the camera and still no luck, hoping that it was related to maybe a setting on it

any  ideas

regards

30 REPLIES 30

Exactly thanks

Yes

" a grey day might not be it's forte" what a classic statement & sums it up perfectly. I now have a used Powershot & mainly because it works well, has the zoom & it has been no trouble for a couple of years with much use. I have had three SLR's & just had no luck with any. Please dont blame your camera or praise shots " because they have the flash camera" just accept & adjust. Adapt to circumstances. Many Pro shots can take days or weeks 

dbhuff49
Contributor
I am a hobby photographer and have an SX60 HS. I bought it because I like Canon and for the lens reach. I have found that it sometimes has trouble focusing in auto mode under low light due to the small sensor. It works best for me using aperture or shutter priority. Auto focus is spot on MOST of the time, even doing close ups of insects.

Thank you, much appreciated.

I have found that when focusing in Av then I often get a small yellow box I think that I need to refocus but then it goes when I switch to Auto

@tezza70 wrote:
I have found that when focusing in Av then I often get a small yellow box I think that I need to refocus but then it goes when I switch to Auto

Have you read the manual on this... it is well explained there.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

OK

will do, not a worry tho thanks

Maybe us it on P
Announcements