cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to reset focus on program mode on powershot elph 160

paws55
Contributor

I've done something to my powershot elph 160 and it won't focus.  It's on program mode and I'm using the macro setting.  It keeps adjusting the focus on it's own.  I've reset to default setting and it still won't let me focus.  There used to be a green square when I would press the shutter button halfway down.  Now there is a white square always in the center.  If I turn the camera off and then back on it sometimes lets me use the macro but then it goes back to the blurry screen and won't use the macro.  What have I changed to make it do this?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

smack53
Mentor

It almost sounds like you have the Face AiAF set to on, When you are in this mode, the camera will be looking for faces to focus on, and won't find a focus if it doesn't recognize something as a face. Check your user manual from pages 51-54 to see if that helps to solve your issue.

Steve M.

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your reply. I had tried that but it didn't work. Only the first shot would hold the focus and after that all focus was off. I ended up calling the Canon help line and they said it appears the camera is in need of repairs. I've sent it in to the service center in hopes they can fix it.
Thanks again!
Patsy
Announcements