cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove discoloration in WP-DC34 underwater casing?

doreenbassig
Apprentice

how to remove discoloration in WP-DC34 underwater casing?

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

We'll need a lot more information on what's discolored, & what you think caused it etc. The more detailed the info the better.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

the inside of the underwater casing discolored.  It used to be a clear see-thru case but now, it has this white colored substance on the inside that makes it hard to see the display of the camera.  I don't know what caused it.  I wasn't able to use it for a long time and when i did used it on a swimming trip, after i've rinsed it and left it over night, the next day the discoloration appeared.  I thought that it might have been caused by salt deposit so i soaked the inside of the casing with water and left it over night.  The next day, it got worst.  So took it out, tried washing it with soap and dishwashing soap, didn't work.  I tried rubbing it with clothe, it cleared a little bit, but still there.  I'll take a picture of it and post it here so that you'll have a visual of what i'm talking about, the white substance in the casing.

It may be deposits from hard water chemicals. There are all kinds of readily available products which would remove them if I'm right. Check with a local hardware store, Home Depot / Lowes etc or try one of the products for cleaning out coffee makers.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements