cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello is it possible for me to use my A590is to record i.e. a stationary vidoe or webinar on my pc t

davidneff602
Apprentice

10 REPLIES 10

Crista
Whiz

Hi davidneff602!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

davidneff602
Apprentice
can someone please tell me if it is possible to record to my pc if teathered stationary no frills and save for play back thank you for any healp i have a A590is thanks

I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but it sounds like you want to record a live video directly to your PC using the Canon PowerShot A590IS camera that you have. If this is the case, the camera records only to the SD memory card that you have in the camera, whether you are shooting still photos or video. If you want to use the camera to record to your computer, you would probably need to use some optional software on your computer that allows you to remotely control the camera from the pc and capture the video signal through the a/v cable in order to record to your computer. This falls outside my area of "expertise", so maybe someone in the community can shed some light on this.

John_
Authority

Yes I think you can but not by itself. The AV connection cable allows you to shoot videos or play them back on your TV on that model camera. You can use the AV out signal but then you will need a capture device to connect to your computer. I have used a device made by Diamond called OneTouch Video Capture but there are others that accept the AV signals and allow you to play and record on your computer.

Hi John,

This One Touch Video Capture sounds really interesting. I was wondering about the capture. If I'm using a camera, I still need to record to a memory card first, then play back to the TV. I can't just use the AV cable to the TV and record through the software, or can I? Does the One Touch Video Capture allow me to take control over the camera, or just capture what is displayed on screen?

Steve

Yes it is an interesting device, Ive used it to transfer old VHS tapes to DVD's also.

As long as your camera or any device is providing an AV signal out you can caputre it, I don't think you'll need to save it on an SD card at the same time. Test out your AV signal to at TV, I believe it is there all the time on movie mode.

It comes with software that is fairly easy to use and is compatible with other capture software.

It will not take control of your camera and I do not think the 590 has an optional remote? But you can stop and start the recording from your PC as well as capture stills. It will capture whatever is displayed on the screen/. There is more info on it at www.diamondmm.com (Diamond MultiMedia).

Thanks John! I'll look into that!

your welcome smack !

davidneff602
Apprentice

thank you all for the info i think i found a way that it is suposed to be done so i will let you know if i can make it work anyone can.you can tell by the way i asked the question i am technicaly challenged .but the respons were so appreciated now i know what a forum can do lol thanks all

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements