cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g1x mark II setting the function rings

AlanBrownArt
Apprentice

I just upgraded from a s90 to a G1x Mark II. In manual mode the lens ring is what sets the aperature,shutter speed ISO etc. Is there a way to set the 'function ring' on the back of the camera to take up some of these functions? 

On the s90 the 'function ring' did these tasks while the lens ring was for the zoom.

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert
Hi AlanBrownArt. The Control Dial on the back of the camera can be set for a variety of functions. To access this feature, turn your camera on in the shooting mode, then press the MENU button. Now scroll down to Function Assignment, and press the FUNC SET button. This feature is more completely described, beginning on page 105 of your PowerShot G1 X Mark II Camera User Guide.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

AlanBrownArt,

The PowerShot G1X Mark II does not have the same Stitch Assist mode some of the older models had.  All this mode did in the past was help you to line up the edges of each image taken in the sequence.  All of the stitching together of the images was done using software after the images were downloaded, which is still the case.  All you need to do is take each image in the sequence overlapping each by about 1/4 to 1/2 of the image, then use the software to assemble them into a panoramic image.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert
Hi AlanBrownArt. The Control Dial on the back of the camera can be set for a variety of functions. To access this feature, turn your camera on in the shooting mode, then press the MENU button. Now scroll down to Function Assignment, and press the FUNC SET button. This feature is more completely described, beginning on page 105 of your PowerShot G1 X Mark II Camera User Guide.

Thanks! I couldn't find it in the manual. I'll take a look.

While were still on questions about the G1x Mark II...

I heard that the G1x Mark II does panorama shots but I couldn't find the function either on the camera or the manual.

Do you know anything about that?

Thanks! Btw, I love the camera, the photos are beautiful.

AlanBrownArt,

The PowerShot G1X Mark II does not have the same Stitch Assist mode some of the older models had.  All this mode did in the past was help you to line up the edges of each image taken in the sequence.  All of the stitching together of the images was done using software after the images were downloaded, which is still the case.  All you need to do is take each image in the sequence overlapping each by about 1/4 to 1/2 of the image, then use the software to assemble them into a panoramic image.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements