cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g12 powershot not taking any more photos

er
Apprentice

I can no longer shoot any photos.  It appeared my memory card was full.  I tried deleting some but all I get is a clicking noise. I can view the photos I have already taken.  Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

gmkelm
Apprentice
Have you tried a different memory card?

Tim
Authority

Hello Er,

You would want to try a different memory card inside the camera to see if this makes a difference.  You should also try resetting the camera by removing both the battery and memory card and wait about twenty minutes.  If inserting them back into the camera does not seem to make a difference then you may need to send this into the Canon Service Center for evaluation. 

To set up service, please visit our web site through the link below to arrange a repair.

Link

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

smack53
Mentor

Hi er,

Have you tried going under the tools menu in the camera and setting the numbering to Auto Reset? If you bumped up against the maximum count, this should reset the camera's numbering and hopefully allow you to take more photos. I had this same problem with Fuji cameras, and this was the resolution.

Smack53

Announcements