cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e06 camera error

fatinzafiruddin
Apprentice

hello I use powershot g7x max ii. i seems to have problem in transferring photos to phones. it said that camera error with e60. somebody please help me

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Errors for G7x.  Didn't see "err06".  Nothing for this error in the manual either.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART116971

"e06".  Where is this this displaying.  If this is on the camera, you have some kind of communication error or internal malfuction.

Does the camera work normally otherwise?  Say when you are not trying to transfer photos? 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

John_
Authority

Not sure which error you got since you mentioned both

Err 06

Description: Sensor cleaning is not possible.

Resolution: Turn the power switch off and then on again.

Err 60

Description: An error occurred preventing shooting, the lens movement may be obstructed.

Resolution: Check that the lens is clear from obstructions. Then turn the power switch off and then back on again.

fatinzafiruddin
Apprentice
It functions normally other than transfer photos.

Hi fatinzafiruddin,

Thanks for the update.

We've put together this short video that walks you through the steps needed to connect a PowerShot G7X Mark II to an iOS device: https://youtu.be/OFVXtK_vMq0

The process should be similar on other smartphones, but if problems persist, please elaborate on what kind of phone you have, what operating system it is running, and at what point you are seeing an error.

fatinzafiruddin
Apprentice
The video is not useful for me. Last I can do is select add device. After that the error e60 appear on screen.

Hi there.

Since the error comes up when the camera is supposed to provide network information, there may be a problem with the WiFi signal in the camera, but one other potential cause could be a memory card issue. The WiFi connection will not establish without a memory card containing images and it is possible that corrupted data on the card or improper communication between the camera and card could affect this. Before looking into getting the camera serviced it may be a good idea to try a second memory card with some recent images on it to transfer.

jves2122
Apprentice
Hi there, I have had this problem also. Started a few months ago and I contacted cannon and they said to send in for repair. I still have not done this as I have needed my camera.

Have you had any success in fixing this problem?
Thanks.
Announcements