cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

date/time

ardy2013
Contributor

I set my date/time on my new SX540HS ,but not showing up no were ?

12 REPLIES 12

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I have no idea what you mean. Is there a question here?

The date and time are embedded in the Exif data of the image. You can see it with the proper info display on playback.

Sorry ,One my ole canon SX400IS when ya took a picture you seen it stamped on the picture you just took . when I got my new camera  set the date/time on it ,I can see it when I go throught the tools, But when i review the pictures i took , no date /time on them. Thanks

You have to set the Display to show shooting information then you will see the date and time, page 114 of your user manual.

The manual that came with it only goes page 90 in english , The online goes to 186 ,& on page 114 allin talks about is the WIFI  & connecting via NFC  when playing back. I think my ole one had a display where you just put the date or the date & the time or just turn it off . this one does not have a display on it . I think it just some thing simple in missing .Thanks

If we are talking about the SX540HS there are 423 pages in the full manual. Here is a link to the manual on the Canon website, download it and make it your best friend there is a lot of information in it.

SX540hs 

Thanks John a lot more info from the link ya sent me.

You're welcome

You can no longer stamp the date and time onto the image itself. That is one of those features that is disappearing. The date and time are embedded into the EXIF metadata.

Thanks just thought I was missing something ,just about to drive me crazy of why it 's not there . So ther on way of knowing when ya print the picture of when it was taken . It wil just be where you said it would be .

Announcements