cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection problem

natalieheller
Apprentice

Hi,

I keep getting this message when i try to connect my Camera (canon G16) to my computer (Mc OS 10.12.4)

"connection software for another Canon camera is already running. The software cannot be launched."

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Natalieheller,

Thanks for posting.

Let's take a look at the connections on your computer.

Please check Image Capture to ensure that you're camera is correctly recognized by your Mac. Here's how:

1. Click on "File", then select "Open New Finder Window", then click on "Applications.
  2. In the Applications folder, click Image Capture. Image Capture will open.
  3. Under Devices, the Image Capture program will automatically list any cameras connected.

Do you see any cameras connected?

• If not, check to see if you have any digital imaging devices connected to your computer. This would include (but not be limited to) multifunction machines, faxes, scanners, web cams, etc.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your response Richard. There are no other devices connected to this computer. I have done what you suggested and Image Capture also recognises that there are no camer or scanners etc connected. Any other suggestions? 

Thanks

Hi Natalieheller,

When you installed the software for your camera, did you install "CameraWindow DC 8.10.10b for Mac OS X" from our website (This version should work on your computer)?

While we're waiting, when you located your camera in Image Capture, were you able to transfer your images?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

newsense52
Rising Star

From previous posting shows that mac computer is not compatible with canon. Wifi or USB can not connect. 

Call tech support for options.

Announcements