cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting SX620 HS to a Macbook via USB?

sjr6
Contributor

Is there any way possible to connect the SX620 HS to a Macbook via USB? When I hook it up directly nothing happens -- Iit doesn't show up in my finder.

Movies that are large files take forever to transfer via wifi to either your Gateway library or your phone. This really stinks and is totally disappointing so I hope there is another way.

8 REPLIES 8

Ray-uk
Whiz

See pages 125/126 of the user manual ........ but you may need to install the Canon software on your Mac.

It only works with older operating systems up to OS 10.13 Sierra

New macs are Mojave 10.14

It should just work no software required. Did you try to turn off wi-fi?

Tried that with Cannon's Image Transfer Utility that I had previously installed but it also requires wifi and wasn't working. I think it's just easier to use an SD card reader. The software is really pretty terrible!

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Sjr6,

Thanks for posting.

With the camera connected to your computer via a USB cable, when you power the camera on in the playback mode, your camera should recognize it the camera as a "PowerShot SX620 HS", or something similar.

If this doesn't occur, or you're still encountering difficulty, please contact our toll-free technical Support Department for assistance. They'll have the advantage of being able to guide you through the connection process, while following along with the camera on their side.

You may reach our Technical Support Department by calling 800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 9:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jmwerner
Apprentice

I am going crazy, frustrates as h e double... I have tried connecting vi USB with 3 different computers and the WiFi on 2 networks. The wifi connection spins and spins and spins... The SD card is full and I can't download pictures.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You should just start your own topic.

How many USB cords did you try? Be careful about the charging-only abominations, but even a regular USB cable can fail. Make sure to turn wifi off on the camera before attaching USB.

If all else fails, get a card reader. Many computers, monitors and docks already have one, otherwise, they are pretty cheap.

Announcements