Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

connecting SX620 HS to a Macbook via USB?

Is there any way possible to connect the SX620 HS to a Macbook via USB? When I hook it up directly nothing happens -- Iit doesn't show up in my finder.

Movies that are large files take forever to transfer via wifi to either your Gateway library or your phone. This really stinks and is totally disappointing so I hope there is another way.

Valued Contributor

Re: connecting SX620 HS to a Macbook via USB?

See pages 125/126 of the user manual ........ but you may need to install the Canon software on your Mac.

Occasional Contributor

It only works with older operating systems up to OS 10.13 Sierra

Occasional Contributor

New macs are Mojave 10.14

Esteemed Contributor

It should just work no software required. Did you try to turn off wi-fi?

Occasional Contributor

Tried that with Cannon's Image Transfer Utility that I had previously installed but it also requires wifi and wasn't working. I think it's just easier to use an SD card reader. The software is really pretty terrible!

Product Expert

Hi Sjr6,

Thanks for posting.

With the camera connected to your computer via a USB cable, when you power the camera on in the playback mode, your camera should recognize it the camera as a "PowerShot SX620 HS", or something similar.

If this doesn't occur, or you're still encountering difficulty, please contact our toll-free technical Support Department for assistance. They'll have the advantage of being able to guide you through the connection process, while following along with the camera on their side.

You may reach our Technical Support Department by calling 800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 9:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.