cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect elph 360 wifi to mac

brothers
Apprentice

I can't seem to connect my new ELPH360HS to MAC. I can download photos to the Canon Gateway cloud site but not to my Mac. Followed instructions in manual but there must be some simple setting I'm missing.

29 REPLIES 29

Hold the door ...

I am able to download a bunch at a time. Yeah, this'll work. Frankly, USB is faster, but this will work great when I'm on the road.

Okay, Canon. I'll stay with you.

Cheers.

Just to be clear:

• I cannot connect my Elph 360 to my Mac -- or my Windows laptop running Windows 10 -- via WiFi.

• I can, however, connect to the cloud via WiFi and upload to Canon Image Gateway, Facebook, Twitter, and even Canon's Image Sync.

• The Image Transfer Utility software will not work on my Mac (didn't try it on my Windows laptop) so I can't automatically download to my computer. But I can go to the Canon Image Gateway website and download from the photo gallery. In some ways this might even be better since I can cherry pick the ones I want.

Unless I'm on the road, I'm inclined to upload via USB, but the ability to post to Facebook and Twitter from the camera is very cool.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Austincameraguy,

You should be able to connect to your Windows 10 machine. What happens when you try this connection (errors, etc)?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Richard -- Give me a couple of days and I'll try again and take notes.

Mike

Ahhh. Thanks for letting me know that. Saves me some time. 

this has been nothing short of a gong show trying to connect the cannon elph 360 to wifi to download pics on my computer, 

had i known  this was the issue i would NOT have purchased, why is there no option to hard connect to a macbook pro, i have followed all the directions and suggestioins,  nothting works, and often i am on holidays in areas with NO wifi, so whats the point, im not going to carry around  dozens of scan disk  things to save my photos,  there needs to be some solution 

shamusom
Apprentice

Just bought the ELPH 360 HS. No luck connecting to a mac. I can join the network fine, and I can see my mac, but when I run the the CameraWindow app on the mac, it just says no camera found. 

How can they release software that just doesn't work? Do they not test it at all? 

Running macOS 10.13.3 

Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 5.25.08 PM.png

If you look at how it's launching the actual app in terminal, there are errors:

/Applications/Canon\ Utilities/CameraWindow/CameraWindow.app/Contents/MacOS/CameraWindow ; exit;

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Resources/Exceptions.plist'

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Common/ChunkCompression.cpp:50: Error: unsupported compressor 8

/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/AppleFSCompression/AppleFSCompression-96.30.2/Libraries/CompressData/CompressData.c:353: Error: Unknown compression scheme encountered for file '/System/Library/CoreServices/CoreTypes.bundle/Contents/Library/AppExceptions.bundle/Exceptions.plist'

Common Cannon. Get with it. How are you releasing software that fails on launch. Very unimpressed. 😞 

Get this, canon support replies with

"Your Canon camera wifi function is not compatible with latest versions of the MAC OS 10.11 10.12 and 10.13."

Basically, you have to be running an outdated old useless version of macOS. Nice job canon. How about releasing software that works with recent versions of operating systems. 

" but when I run the the CameraWindow app on the mac, it just says no camera found. " by shamusom

The canon camera window app in the -add a device folder- of your computer maybe not be a complete software  ( needs driver ) thats why when you open it - it will not work - and it says " no camera found " 

Search how to download manually the camera window app. Compatibility issues is rarely the cause.

I've tried running every version I can find. Simply does not work. Dissapointing for sure. 

Announcements