cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed a name on a video on my sd card and now can't edit the video on the camera

tcrave88
Apprentice

took a video on my camera. changed the name of the video in my laptop, then put the sd card back in camera to edit it and now can't access the video

help!!! have a 7 min video that i need to cut down to 30 seconds. 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

Jenine
Rising Star

Hi tcrave88!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know which camera you are using. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

i am using a canon powershot sx10 is

tcrave88,

The video file needs to be completely in its original form with original file name and folder structure.  The camera may not recognize a video file that has been modified by your computer, even with only a name change.  If you change the name back to its original file name and put the card back in the camera, are you still unable to access it?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thought that would have beent he answer... except the type of file is now a Quick time movie rather then a THM file. Is there a way to change this back?

tcrave88,

THM files are only thumbnail preview files.  That is not the correct format you want.  The files should be in the MOV format.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements