cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon sx720 won't connect agghhhh

tony2
Contributor

Though I had it sorted. my canon sx 720 has now decided NOt to connect to the computer via WiFi i will resort to having to buy a cable as this product does not do what it says on the label i.e wi ficonnect, after all. It worked for a while but not now.

So frustrateing

12 REPLIES 12

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Tony2,

Thank you for posting.

To allow us to better assist you, please let us know the platform to which you're trying to connect (Mac or Windows (incl version)).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

cloke
Apprentice

Any assistance on how to geting WIFI working on my SX720HS & windows 10 would be appreciate.  Canon's manual does not mention windows 10.

joano
Apprentice

Hello:

I am having the same problem connecting SX720 to a Macbook Pro.  I am only the message "Device not found".

Thank you!

In the end I bought a cable that fixed my frustration and anger in seconds. Why is it everything is made so over complicated. I was told in stiore there is a constant stream of peole buying leads for cameras and printers.

@rutlap wrote:

I would like to point out that in other threads in this forum Canon product experts have confirmed that Canon cameras do not connect wirelessly to Mac computers running on macOS 10.11 El Capitan and macOS 10.12 Sierra because Canon Wireless CameraWindow application is not compatible with macOS.

Canon states in its own software release notes for the latest CameraWindow DC 8.10.10b update: „Wi-Fi connection is not available with 10.11/10.12“ (quote).

The Canon web site also list all recent CameraWindow software updates for macOS 10.11 El Capitan and macOS 10.12 Sierra as incompatible! https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/canon-software)

Canon Wireless CameraWindow software has been incompatible with macOS since macOS 10.11 El Capitan was released in 2015. 😞

Canon is wasting the time of thousands of its customers as Canon does not make it clear at the time of camera purchase that Canon cameras do not support  wireless connection to Mac-computers. 😞

There is still no clarification from Canon about when OS El 10.11 El Capitan and 10.12 Sierra will be supported, - or if the company will ever support mac OS in this matter. 😞 😞 😞

You claim that Canon does not makeit clear "at the time of camera purchase...."  Unless you bought your camera directly from Canon, then Canon was not involved "at the time of camera purchase."

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/powershot-sx720-hs

And, if you bought your camera from Canon, there is a disclaimer.  You can read it at the above link.  Please, tell the class what it says about MacOS.  Here's a hint.  It makes no mention of MacOS.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi Rutlap,

Thank you for posting.

For systems using Mac El Capitan and Mac Sierra, we recommend the use Image Sync to transfer your images. For more on this transfer method, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That is a dead link.

What is Image Share?

@ralfellis wrote:

That is a dead link.

What is Image Share?

The links in this thread are several years old.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/point-and-shoot-digital-ca... 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

PBKingman
Apprentice

For Windows 10 on a PC go to Control Panel and do a search for "Media Streaming Options".  Turn on media streaming.

Announcements