cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon sx50 HS will not turn off.

hgdutcer
Apprentice

I have canon sx50 HS that I cannot turn off.  I have to open the battery compartment to turn it off, but it turns on just fine.  Any suggestions? 

3 REPLIES 3

rkiskan
Apprentice
I'm just wondering if it shuts down according to the in activity period .... Power svaing features as described on p. 38 of the user guide?

John_
Authority

You can try doing a reset to defaults through the settings menu and you can also try removing the battery and holding the power button on/down for at least 45 seconds. If neither of those work I suggest calling Canon for a service request asap because there are no settings that over ride the power off button it should always turn the camera off when pressed regardless.

cale_kat
Mentor

hgdutcer, Try another battery or send it for service. Power on/off related issues are frequently related to a damaged or weakened power board (internal electronic power regulator) that will probably have to be replaced.

Not saying a reset isn't worth a try, just that power related problems are pretty common. Electronic parts get hot, they are susceptible to damage.The parts related to your battery are the gateway for power delivery.

Good luck.

Announcements