cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon powershot elph 190 is

vermonter
Contributor

I updated my computer from windows 7 to windows 10 and now I can't download my camera pics - device not found. how do I fix this?

14 REPLIES 14

I wouldn't make the claim that you absolutely need new hardware since you moved to Windows 10.  If Windows 10 wasn't supported on your hardware, it should have prevent itself from installing.

Image import is very fundamental these days and really hasn't changed over the years in terms of what software is needed.

Taking your setup to the store for help seems like the best move.  Hope it all works out.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

For no more than they cost, I would suggest trying a USB card reader to download your image files directly from your memory card. Perhaps your friendly neighborhood computer store will let you try one to make sure it will work with your existing equipment. As long as it recognizes the card reader you should be good to go. Maybe they'll even show you how to transfer the files from the card to your computer.

If you absolutely don't want to remove the memory card from your camera then an upgrade of hardware and/or software may be required.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

”I wouldn't make the claim that you absolutely need new hardware since you moved to Windows 10. If Windows 10 wasn't supported on your hardware, it should have prevent itself from installing.”

It is not a claim. It is a fact. Don’t take my word for it. Go read the requirements for the Windows versions for yourself. Upgraded versions [of] Windows 10 are not supported.

This is because Win7 was an unmanaged environment, while Win10 is a managed environment. How their software interacts with hardware is like night and day.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Just to be clear, ungraded versions of Windows 10 are NOT SUPPORTED. 

25C93486-64FB-4069-9055-F035CA3DDBF6.jpeg

Only native installations of Windows 10 are supported.  That means your PC already had Windows 10 installed whe you opened the box.  A decade old machine with a "free upgrade" to Windows 10 is out of compliance, and not supported.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you all, I took it back to the computer store and they managed to get it working. Not sure what they did so can't relay to you but I appreciate the time you all took to help me.

Announcements