cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon powershot elph 190 is

vermonter
Contributor

I updated my computer from windows 7 to windows 10 and now I can't download my camera pics - device not found. how do I fix this?

14 REPLIES 14

John_
Authority

Go back to the Canon support page and download the Windows 10 software.for your camera

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

As mentioned above, go to support.  Here's the specific link: Elph 190 Downloads 

It should automatically detect that you're running Windows 10.  If not, ensure that the 'Operating system' menu is set to 'Windows 10'.

There appers to be two software items.  One to allow you to download images from your camera.  The other to work with GPS information.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thank you much for your advice and link to the download. I was able to complete the installation but am getting the same error message - device not found. I am a luddite and don't know where to turn. Not even sure if it is the camera or computer. Could it be that there is no program on Windows 10 to do the transfer? I believe when I bought my 1st digital camera and plugged it into my computer, some software just popped up on the Windows 7 version and I used that all the time I had W.7 even though I replaced my camera. Any more thoughts? Should I go back to the computer store that updated my computer? They do hardware and maybe not software. Gee, I'm feeling more and more like my old mother.......

But anyways, thank you for attempting to help me!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Or, punt and get a card reader.

My first attempt has not been successful, download complete but same error message popping up. What is a card reader?

A card reader is a device that lets you plug the card directly into your computer and read the files off the card. Your computer may already have one.

I can't post a link here, but google "SD card reader"

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Might this be one of those cases where you have to uninstall some old software before installing the new software? It might also make a difference if you did the free upgrade from Win7 to Win10 as opposed to doing a "clean install" of Win10 . . . maybe . . . possibly ? ? ?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Read the requirements for the software.  Operating System upgrades are NOT supported.  Your computer is still running Windows 7 under the hood.  The GUI, Graphical User Interface, has been modified to look like Windows 10, along with a number of other "upgrades."  

But, your computer is still running under the hood.  The hardware requirements for Windows 7 are not in compliance with the requirements to run Windows 10.  Most applications do not interact with the hardware, which mean communicating with USB ports and video hardware, so the hardware being out of compliance is a "don't care condition."  

Solution:  You need an updated computer.  Installing the Windows 10 "upgrade" was an irreversible mistake.  Sorry.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you over and over to all for your help with my problem, it is much appreciated.

Oh my, this all seems to be beyond my grasp. I will take the issue to my computer store and ask  them what to do.

If I could go back in time, I would NOT have upgraded my old computer........

Again many thanks.

Announcements