cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon camera power shoot SX 260 wifi smartphone problem

lengoran
Apprentice

I discovered late that to send a photo taken with the power Shoot sx260 to my smartphone via wifi I really didn't have the right powershoot camera.  When I called last week Canon the technician said to try a card like eye-fi.  I purchased it and installed it on my computer.  I also downloaded the canon camera window program to the smartphone.  I put the wifi eye-fi card in the camera--took a photo and tried to get it to the smartphone--at first it seemed the smartphone recognized the camera and the camera screen said transferring--after a time the camera screen said not connected.  The photo doesn't seemed to have gotten to the smartphone.  Any advice would be much appreciated.  Regards, Len

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Hi Lengoran!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the type of smartphone you are using and the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.

Thanks and have a great day!

>So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the type of smartphone you are using and the computer operating system you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will also help the Community better understand your issue.<

Thanks so much--my computer operates with Windows XP--it's an older Dell.  My Smartphone is a Samsung which I got about 4 years ago from Verizon.  It's model number is SCH 1405.  It says it's hardware version is 1405.05 whatever that means--I'm not too good with electronic gadgets. [sigh]    I can't add anything about the error message--the camera seemed to try to connect to the smartphone but the photo never came through.

On the internet I found this at the Eye-fi site:

"When used with an Eye-Fi card, the Canon PowerShot SX260 HS stays powered on until wireless

media uploads are complete, has an onscreen icon, and offers the ability to enable/disable the Eye-Fi

cards Wi-Fi via the camera menu.

http://support.eye.fi/cameras/canon/powershot_sx260_hs

Thanks again.  Regards, Len

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Lengoran,

For assistance with the wireless transfer of images using the Eye-Fi card, please contact them directly.  Canon does not offer support for third party products.

You may reach Eye-Fi's Technical Support Department by clicking here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Richard, thanks--I did contact them and they provide support by email or chat--I had a chat with the technician there and we fixed the problem--wonderful to have it working so well!  Regards, Len

Announcements