cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannon 280 sx, wont turn on

fran44
Apprentice

my cannon camera 280, won't turn on.  It has a charged battery and the button on top looks like it is pushed in and stuck.  Help....  The camera is less then 60 days old.

5 REPLIES 5

Tim
Authority

Hello Fran44,

If resetting the camera by removing the battery does not seem to resolve this issue then you may want to consider sending this camera into our factory for evaluation and repair.  You can setup service through our web site here

If this is an urgent matter and you need to get in touch with us, please use the Contact Us section of our web site.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thread
Contributor

Hey, that button is lowered on purpose.

And try to switch it on by the play button.

fran44
Apprentice

That to everyone who answered my question.  However, nothing worked, so it has been sent back to Canon. It just irratres me that I used all of one month, took many pictures and all seemed fine. Put it away for 3 weeks and cannot get to work.

/We are planning to go on holiday on 29th of October, so I hope they have it back by then.

Thanks

pcall
Apprentice

cannon camera sx 280:FIX: faulty micro switch next to battery release ( orange release button, replace micro switch)

pcall
Apprentice

cannon camera sx 280:FIX: faulty micro switch next to battery release ( orange release button, replace micro switch)

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements