cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't download movies from Power Shot A1200 to windows 7 computer with Zoom Browser EX

Helen
Contributor

I have a new Power Shot A 1200 and have Zoom Browser EX downloaded on my computer for my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XS.  I can download the pictures from the memory card but can't download the movies.  Do I need to install something else to download tghe movies? There were 2 choices for video system: NTSC & PAL.  Which should I use?

3 REPLIES 3

smack53
Mentor

You may have to update the Zoom Browser EX software if your version is older. I'm using version 6.8.0.10 on Windows 7 and it reads the newer powershots just fine.

As far as NTSC and PAL, they are video format standards for different countries. See the list below for your country (I assume you are in the USA, so NTSC is the proper format.)

PAL
Afghanistan
Algeria
Argentina (N)
Austria
Australia
Bangladesh
Belgium
Brazil (M)
China
Denmark
Finland
Germany
Hong Kong
Iceland
India
Indonesia
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Jordan
Kenya
Kuwait
Liberia
Malaysia
Netherlands
Nigeria
Norway
New Guinea
Pakistan
Singapore
South Africa
South W. Africa
Sudan
Sweden
Switzerland
Thailand
Turkey
Uganda
United Kingdom
United Arab Emirates
Yugoslavia
Zambia

NTSC
Canada
Chile
Costa Rica
Cuba
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
Japan
Mexico
Nicaragua
Panama
Peru
Philippines
Puerto Rico
South Korea
Taiwan
U.S.A.

Thanks!  I'll have to check my version of Zoom Browser.  Image Browser comes up now when I choose Zoom Browser and I have to choose Zoom Browser 2 places. With Zoom Browser I can see the number of the picture when I want to e-mail it and the edit part seems more user friendly.  I prefer the white background to the grey, and I'm accustomed to using Zoom Browser.  Will Zoom Browser download videos?  That was the only reason I downloaded Image Browser.  I am using NTSC.  The first couple of very short videos I took (2 minutes) were 32 MB, so I'm going to try S quality next time.  I want to be able to e-mail them. I don't have a TV cord or whatever it is called that has a little end to fit the Power Shot camera.

My Zoom Browser version is 6.5.1.15.  I read that it had to be at least 6.5 to down load MOV.  Neither Zoom Browser nor Image Browser will let me e-mail a movie. It's telling me it's not a JPEG.  It's still too many MB any way.  At 640, which appears to be the lowest quality, a 13 sec. video was 17 MB.  it seems like I'll use up a memory card in a big hurry at that rate.

Announcements