cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

battery flashes red when taking movie? sx280

myasg
Enthusiast

in shooting mode on the sx280 it shows a full battery - when i go into movie mode the battery flasshes red - why is this - please assist.  [Mod note - removed email address (for your safety) - please see FORUM GUIDELINES].  canon sx280.  thanks.

34 REPLIES 34

(Facepalm)

Union Station .... it's worth asking as its a fairly simplistic piece of kit and it's a software issue not a battery or hardware one..... the 280 - is no alexa or red.... 

"it's a software issue not a battery or hardware one"  If it were that simple Canon would have updated the 280 firmware and had a lot of satisfied customers.

lostlake
Apprentice

I also experienced the same issue, was only able to take 20 plus minutes of video with the red warning flashing most of that duration.  We've been a Canon family going through 4 different ones in the last 10 years, trying to catch up with the technology.  We are still using a Canon G5 but I need a pocket camera for a weeklong vacation coming up, so I bought two more replacement batters of 3.7v with 1600mAH output hoping it would help, and hopefully I would be able to make a decision about keeping it or returning it by the time I come back from the vacation.

The photoes I've been testing in both indoor and out so far are way better than a Nikon Coolpix my hubby bought last Christmas.  So I am hoping this Canon issue is fixable.

Had mine a day. Found this forum and read more people having same problem with video/battery indicator.  Rang canon, they knew nothing about it.

I own a canon camcorder, and an EOS DSLR. I am sending my SX280 back and switching to Nikon now. I can't believe the way canon have fobbed people off.

They've lost a sale and a long time canon user.

Announcements