cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authentication code for setting up wi-fi/browser

ibisbill
Contributor

I have just bought a Powershot SX600, am trying to set up wi-fi, it says Enter the beloww authentication code into text field o browser. Am puzzled, does this mean the (Firefox) browser on my Mac, and if so where do I enter it? Or is there a browser on the camera, seems unlikely... Sorry if this seems a silly question but...

9 REPLIES 9

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sx600_hs#Wireless_...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Sorry, I don't see anything about browser here, could you be more explicit. As mentioned I have a Mac (OS10.8,5).

Where are you in the camera manual?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

This doesn't seem to be in the manual. It's a screen on the camera under Camera Web Link Settings. Says "Enter the below authentication code into the text field in the browser and select OK." No idea what browser they are talking about, still less where to put the code in. The code consists of my nickname plus two digits.

I think you need to open the Canon Image Gateway website, but I am not sure. Maybe someone else will see this thread, or you can call Canon help line.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

See message 2 here

http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pixma-Pro-10-shifts-whenever-I-try-to-...
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I'm in UK, will check out their helpline, thanks.

Canon UK were very helpful and said the stuff abour the browser was irrelevant and told me how to upload photos wirelessly quite easily using CameraWindow. I asked for a printout of the 162 page manual, they gave the the number of the printers and after a little persuasion she said she would send me one for free (at first she said around $20). But am unhappy that camera doesn't include a cable in case I ever need to upload wirefully. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Glad it all worked out. You can pick up a USB cable at any electronics store. They are inexpensive.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements