cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoomBrowserEX: "Cannot detect camera"

edwardBe
Apprentice

This has been a topic here before, but the solutions that I have seen haven't really been solutions as far as I could tell; one guy's camera suddenly appeared for no apparent reason in Windows Explorer and the other thread involved MacIntosh.

The camera is a PowerShot SX100 IS black.

I can't see the camera either in the ZoomBrowser nor in Windows Explorer, nor in Device Manager and the computer doesn't make a noise when I connect the camera. I am using a USB port on the body of the laptop itself and have verified that the port works by plugging a flash drive into it and then my logitech mouse.

I'm running Win 7 Ultimate 64 bits on a Toshiba laptop. The version of ZoomBrowserEx is the latest from Canon's website, 6.9 update, downloaded and installed this morning. I have been able to plug the camera into the computer and transfer files with Windows Explorer previously, but haven't used it for a few months. There have been no major changes in the computer since then.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi edwardBe!

Thanks for posting.

Make sure the camera is powered on in the Playback mode after it is connected to your computer.  You may also try an alternate USB cable to rule that out too.  If the camera is still not recognized by the computer in any way at all, it will need to be repaired.  To start the repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements