cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Troubles

CloverPatch
Apprentice

Hello! I have a PowerShot SX420 IS I bought this year and it's doing the same thing my old PowerShot 5X510HS did and why I got another PowerShot to replace it. When I zoom into a shot the camer takes a long time to snap a photo and the photo is dark. My old camera lasted me several years and when I told the camera shop owner the trouble I had with zoomed in photos he said the zoom was worn out and I needed a new camera. Sigh... So I bought the PowerShot SX420 IS, a cheaper model. I take lots of bird photos so a zoom is so appreciated, but maybe I wear out this capability too quickly? Thanks for any advice!

3 REPLIES 3

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Here's a link to your user's manual...

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/7/0300022097/01/pssx420is-cu-en.pdf

Start out on around page 54 and try out some of the different shooting range modes and various auto-focus settings. You may find one that better suits your needs.

Maybe post a couple sample pictures here with the EXIF data still attached that show the problems you're having. Somebody may spot something in the camera's settings that might explain why you're having an issue.

First, reset your camera settings to default thru the settings menu then do as already suggested look at your manual, make it your best friend there is a lot of good information in it. As far as "wearing out the zoom" I think you would have different symptoms than what you are describing.

Thank you very much!

Announcements