cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless printing from IXUS285HS

roelfk7
Apprentice

Good Day we bought 2 x IXUS285HS cameras and 2 x Canon isense LBP6030W PRINTERS and a TP Link acces point. We need to take pictures and print them directly.

So I connected the printers to the access point and I connect the camera to the access point. When we select print it searches for a device endlessly and then times out no devices found. 

I then try the method in the manual to setup the camera as an access point and connect the printer to this access point. That works like a charm, but again. it searches for a device without finding any.

Thirly we downloaded the software to a pc and connect the printer wirelessly to it. Enven do the whole on line registration of the cameras and newtwork discovery setup, it shows everything is ready and working. but the camera will find the pc as a device. (I saw that the softare in the manual shows it does not work on windows 7 home basic I guess that is the reason.)

We can connect the cameras manually to the pc with a usb cable and then download and then print the photos, but it is not what we wanted as it takes up a lot of extra time. The reason i went for canon was that I thought their devices (printers and cameras) can work together. It feel, like I have wasted a lot of money and time on this :(.

Can any one help with a solution.  As Canon South Africa cant.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Roelfk7,

Thanks for posting.

Does this issue only affect your ability to print images or are you unable to wirelessly transfer images to your computer, too?

Which operating system do you have on your computer?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements