cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi

Utchie
Apprentice

I'm tech challenged.  It appears that the only way to save pictures to, say, a computer, is by WiFi.  I followed the instructions, but can't seem to get it going.  It's just not intuitive!!  I tried to download the software on my computer-I did not get the prompts, as I should.  I have an Apple OS Catalina v.10.15.4, but I read that the software is not compatible with it.   What's an access point?  I have a Canon Powershot SX420 IS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What Mac do you have? Most iMacs and many laptops would have built-in SD card (memory card) readers. If so, you could remove the SD card from your camera, insert into the slot on the computer. You could then copy the photos to your computer.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What Mac do you have? Most iMacs and many laptops would have built-in SD card (memory card) readers. If so, you could remove the SD card from your camera, insert into the slot on the computer. You could then copy the photos to your computer.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Perfect.  I did not know that there is an SD card slot on the back of my Mac!  I tried it and it worked.  So much for me relying solely on the Canon manual, for guidance - this is the solution I was hoping for!  I appreciate it!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you don't have an SD card reader connect the camera to the computer via cable and select the Apple product Image Capture from the Application folder/list.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Got it!  Thanks.  

Announcements