cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did the little camera icon stop showing up in my system tray?

spetho2001
Enthusiast

I am using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11 and I have a Canon Power Shot A1400 and A1300. I use Windows Live Photo Gallery to view photos on my computer. I use a USB cable to import the photos from my camera to my computer.

After plugging the camera in and turning the camera on I get a noise from the camera telling me that it is hooked up. I used to get a small camera (I believe) icon in the task bar (bottom left). I would click on that and the “Import Pictures and Videos” window would pop up to the right bottom. See screen shot

Import window-Paint (640x363).jpg

It has the option to tag photo and change settings and IMPORT photo to computer. I guess this window comes from WINDOWS?  See screen shot

Lately I do not get the little camera icon when I plug in the camera.

I had to go to Start, Computer, right click on drive that camera is plugged in to, if there are any photos the option to “Import photos and videos” is listed here also with create shortcut. From there you can pin the little camera to WINDOWS EXPLORER (which would be the little folder in the task bar to the bottom left) but you cannot pin the little camera icon to the task bar. The camera icon shortcut on your desk top stays there but the same shortcut that shows up in WINDOWS EXPLORER only shows up when the camera is hooked up with photos. See

Can anyone tell me why or how to get the little camera icon to show up in the task bar again? I have also done the auto play. See screen shot

Auto play-Paint (640x360).jpg

Thank you,

TomS

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I don't see the camera icon in your first photo, where say it is working.  No matter, though.

Powershot_Import_Export_Screen.png

Do you see the read circle that I made around the white arrow head on the taskbar?  Click it.  It should open up a menu that allows you to control which, when, and how icons appear on that part of the taskbar.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

You are correct you can not see the camera icon because I have cropped the view of the whole page so that you could see the window to the right of the screen. The camera icon is to the left and off the view. It is always there when the window to the right is open and the camera is plugged in and turned on. Like I said as soon as I plugged in the camera and turned it on the icon used to pop up and if I clicked on it the window to the right would open. Now I get nothing when I plug in the camera.

I enclosed a full screen shot where you can see the camera icon, as a matter of fact there are two different camera icons. The one to the left is Picasa and is always there. The one to the right only shows up when the camera is plugged in and on and the window to the right has been opened.

The arrow you pointed to does not control the left side of the screen i don't believe. I am referring to the right side as the SYSTEM TRAY and the left side as the TASK BAR. I am not sure if that is correct. Anyway I just tried the arrow for the hidden icons and what I want is not there and I don't believe it would show up there. I do believe it only controls what is to the right. let me know if I am wrong.

See the picture

Untitled (640x360).jpg

Announcements