cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting odd colours on my G1X in the Av setting?

Mrs_Pickle
Apprentice

I am very much a novice but enjoy using my G1X in both Tv and Av modes. Today I have had some very strange colour effects in both modes, though in Auto, it's perfect. I have checked the scenes and it doesn't appear to be in sepia or any special setting.

Can anybody help, please?

3 REPLIES 3

Skirball
Authority

Can you post an example, it would help to see what kind of color issues you're having; there are many types.  At least describe what it looks like.

Without seeing an example I'm going to guess that your white balance is off.  You might have it set to an odd color, like flourescent, but in full auto it defaults to auto-white balance.

Thanks for your reply, but I am on vacation and only have a tablet. I have used the Restore settings and all seems to be working again. I'd love to know what I did wrong, but at least I have the correct colours now.

@Mrs_Pickle wrote:

Thanks for your reply, but I am on vacation and only have a tablet. I have used the Restore settings and all seems to be working again. I'd love to know what I did wrong, but at least I have the correct colours now.

It's likely that it was exactly what I described above.  The WB was accidently moved to a setting drastically different than whatever light you're shooting in.  When you restored to factory settings it probably moved the WB to either Auto, or something standard like Daylight.

Announcements