cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has the SCN ISO 3200 mode gone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm a brigde cameras user ten years now. My latest model is Powershot SX10IS and I'm going to upgrade [due to lenses issues] to PowerShot SX540 HS / SX60 HS, I'm not quite sure yet.

My concern is about new features in SCN mode. I'm really used to shot in SCN ISO 3200 mode as I don't shoot in manual mode because I need to be ready to shoot under extreme changing lights scenarios wile shooting in music concerts at small venues as well as big venues and lightning is a non-stop changing issue.
I'm used to shoot in SCN ISO 3200 mode [90%] and Sports mode [10%].
I'm surprised this mode is no longer available in the newest models, I've downloaded User's Guide & Manuals and the closest I found is SCN Low Light, but I really don't know whether this mode is similar to SCN ISO 3200 mode and I may use this mode instead.

I'm not allowed to get into some venues holding a DSLR, I'm stuck to non-removable lenses as bridge cameras. That's why I'm not upgrading to a reflex one.

Could you all please de so kind to shine a light on this?
Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance

Be well
N.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Nerkoba,

Thanks for posting.

I recommend setting your camera's mode dial to its "P" (Program AE) setting, the manually selecting the 3200 ISO setting.  For information on the ISO setting, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Nerkoba,

Thanks for posting.

I recommend setting your camera's mode dial to its "P" (Program AE) setting, the manually selecting the 3200 ISO setting.  For information on the ISO setting, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'll work that way instead.
Be well.
Announcements